Top 5 historical monuments in India
India being a historically rich country, has some of the most noteworthy and spectacular monuments. The monuments narrate the ancient architectural skills of the people, who went on to construct the master pieces. Here are the top five monuments in India which symbolize the culture and tradition of the country.
1. Taj Mahal –The Taj Mahal, also one of the Seven Wonders of the World, was build by the emperor Shah Jahan for his wife as a symbol of love. The whole structure is built with marble at the banks of the river Yamuna in Agra, India.
2. Akshardham – The temple of Akshardham was built by HDH Pramukh to fulfill the the wish of his mentor Yogiji Maharaja. Akshardham is built with pink sandstone and white marble.
3. Sanchi Stupa – Sanchi Stupa is a Buddhist temple which signifies the Buddhist architecture, history and archeology. The Mughal Emperor Asoka had built the temple.
4. Red Fort – The Red Fort, also known as the ‘Lal Quila’, was built by the fifth Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan. It is an important landmark situated in the capital city, Delhi.
5. Khajuraho Temple – The temple of Khajuraho is situated in the state of Madhya Pradesh and is filled with erotic stone sculptures of granite and sandstone.