5 Reasons Why Baidu Will Clobber Google and Yahoo at Home
1. Baidu has the support of the Chinese government – Google and Yahoo are regularly censored and must abide by strict rules. Baidu knows how to play the censorship game.
2. Baidu has a tradition to uphold – eBay bought bought the largest Chinese auction site at the time and lost market share. Amazon bought the largest online Chinese merchandiser at the time and lost market share. If Google and Yahoo try to buy their way into China (Yahoo bought into Alibaba)…well…
3. Baidu has a loyal base of users – they are the fourth most trafficked site in the world.
4. Baidu knows what its users like – Baidu users want to entertained more than informed. Some 70% of Chinese users are under 30 years of age – single, only children and wanting to be entertained.
5. Baidu has a cool origin to its name – according to The Ledger Baidu gets its name from a Song Dynasty poem written hundreds of years ago that compares the search for a hiding beauty amongst chaotic glamour to the search for one’s dream while confronted with many obstacles in life. How cool is that?
Baidu is Chinese. Baidu knows China. Baidu will kick Google and Yahoo’s butt at home.
What do you think?
Post a new comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.